Friday, May 31, 2024

Cardiac Rehab

It's a long "gym" with machines lining the promenade. At the back are some diagnostic tools, a rowing machine, a treadmill and a friggin' tv. There're two Adams; Adam 1, the supervisor, and Adam 2, a physical therapist; Yvonne & Javier assist. I had an appointment in February but The Deadly Virus forced a reschedule.


The "scene" was raucous when Michelle and I arrived but when I told Adam about the PTSD he quickly took us to a private room. After the history-taking I clambered aboard the treadmill and did a few wind-sprints at 2 mph (3.2km/hr) for about a minute or so. Then it was on to the recumbent bicycle where I lasted 8 minutes at a sedate amble. We wrapped it up with an ergomometer.



We were there almost two hours. Most folks are expected to come in three times a week, but the community center gym is quiet and we frequently have it to ourselves, so I declined. But we got a baseline and some good advice on how to guage the severity of the angina. Further!

No comments:

Post a Comment