Jessica, my hospice nurse, enjoys going to estate sales. Five months ago I mentioned my interest in a sleeved tent. Today it was delivered...brand - as in never opened - new!
I tightened up the bungee cord in the poles but otherwise it's ready to go.
Coleman Go! 4-person.
Chaco Canyon is the destination but we're thinking of one or two test runs. The National Forest campgrounds, there're two, along the Jemez River feature pit toilets are only $2.50 for seniors and there's a noisy little river (for aqua enthusiasts, dogs and what have you.)
The Ojito Wilderness is free, doesn't have weird-smelling asphalt and best of all, no neighbors.




Looking forward to the trip reports!
ReplyDeleteAha. What a good idea. The Jemez river would be nice. I remember a drive many many years ago up the road from Cuba, and being amused, interested by all the establishments....the sisters of perpetual sorrow, tibetan enlightenment, etc etc. I can't remember any of the others.. those are not the right names of course, but there they were for spiritual seekers on the road to the Jemez pueblo which had been there a long long time. Years later I think they were all gone, apart from the pueblo of course. If you go far along that road, let me know what you see.....
ReplyDelete