Friday, August 30, 2024

Phoebe's Homecoming

There was a time when she would pick up a nail or screw every few days and one time the air had been let out of the spare. I took to parking her near an apartment house I had lived at where folks often had out-of-town visitors. It wasn't uncommon for vehicles to be parked on the street in front for several weeks or longer.



I made it a point to move her frequently, but the past few weeks I've not been able to get out and about as much. Still, it was a shock when the notice arrived that she'd been towed.

At the towing yard I discovered her front passenger window down a bit, the doors closed, but not tight, and everything inside jumbled. The small ammo can  toolbox had been dumped in the driver's footwell. The headphones, sunglasses, binocs and visor mirror were gone. The wine cellar and library had been plundered. Fortunately, I'd taken most of the valuables out. 

There was still hay scattered about from fetching the archery targets from the feed store so we went to a carwash to vacuum it out. She got her annual bath and within a couple of hours we were rewarded with a splendid downpour. 

She'll have pride-of-place closest to the video camera for awhile. We're hoping whoever had the nails and screws has moved on.

Though I've adapted to driving the Honda FITs, neither is as comfortable as Phoebe's more upright seating. Plus, there's something reassuring about knowing I can drive over a median or sidewalk anytime I get the urge, or feel the need.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Phoebe was invaded. Glad she's back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl was defenseless to the molestation. Hope the people with the sharp objects find screws and nails in their Karma path far away.

    ReplyDelete