Thursday, June 6, 2024

Zipper, Italian Footwear & Casa Urraca Press

Decades ago, when it was time to jump ship from UNM PRESS, I thought to apply to Syracuse University Press. Those in the know advised against it saying, "They notice what brand of shoe you wear." 

I thought I might fit in with my Johnston & Murphys, but the idea of it mattering dissuaded me.

Still, having a propensity to fine footwear, I couldn't help but look longingly at the Italians. Renowned for their exquisitely soft, $2,000 loafers, please join me in admiring these $10k+ sneakers.

It was in Grande Junction (Colorado) where I met a comely performance artist whose boa constrictor was having its nap and couldn't be disturbed. As we stood on the sidewalk, her long black hair lending delightful contrast to the loveliness of countenance and cleavage, she told how it, along with her demonstration of a "zipper" on her breast (explanation begins at 7:10) at get-togethers and private parties had brought her fame and fortune. If only I'd been 30 years younger! 

But the real find that day was a slim volume by Magdalena Lily McCarson and Zach Hively.

Tap images to visit website




Wild Expectations led me to Casa Casa Urraca Press where I found the writings of Margaret Randall and, my fav so far, Desert Apocrypha, by Zach.





You just never know.

To sample Zach's writing, here's a link to his (currently free) weekly reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment