Friday, August 21, 2026

A Look Back

I enjoy having the blog; it provides perspective.

The comments about appreciating what one has are as relevant as ever.

I'm not adding a photo to this post as the one on the one below is more than enough. (I've since become unable to get up from the chair & have it on Craigslist.)


https://albertsturkey.blogspot.com/2025/08/the-way-it-is.html?m=1

4 comments:

  1. Good lord man! That photo scared me the first time and now you've ripped off the scab by bringing it up again!

    That's the kind of chair I use in the evening. So far I can heave myself out of it but who knows about tomorrow.

    The past? It's nice to look back once in a while as long as you're dredging up pleasent memories and not regrets.

    The future? Who the hell knows.

    But we for sure have the now so better make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg,

      As i mention to Jonh,, i'm doing much better. That post is a great reminder of how bad things got.

      Delete
  2. Perspective certainly gets more interesting with loss. But we always retain something that makes life worth living—even when we don’t always recognize it all the time. Did you cook up any of that corn? We’ve been grilling sweet corn whenever we have a campfire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,

      The corn tastes pretty good but the kernels require serious chewing and cause stomach upset. I'm wondering if growing in a driveway they absorbed something toxic.

      Perspective is great! I'm doing much better than in that prev post. I actually rode my bike around the block yesterday. The Ekrin massager has been a lifesaver. I use it every day and it makes getting up from bed and walking much easier.

      Delete