Aunt Ree Ree was a fan dancer in the '30s. She traveled to Hawai'i and Mexico.
There was a large mimosa in her front yard and on summer evenings we'd sit on her porch and enjoy its scent.
When, in '91 i sold my house, i brought a mimosa w me. When Sofie (the cat), Antoinette (the tortoise) and I moved in w Michelle we soon planted it, a nub barely two inches above ground. After 35 years in the shade of three large trees: an elm and two cottonwoods, it's remained diminutive. But it blossoms profusely and adds its wonderful scent and reminder of days of yore.






Somehow it's comforting to have some continuity, some connection, across generations. And it's pretty too!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I often think about how apple trees that I planted are doing at the houses we have lived in over the years. We have a saguaro at our Tucson house that I hope lives on for many generations.
ReplyDelete